Background of Peura-Trans Oy
Peura-Trans Oy was established in 1989 mainly to serve the domestic transport needs of the local sawmill, Kuhmo Oy. Kuhmo Oy made a business deal with the newly established Peura-Trans and consequently, while giving up its two timber trailer lorries, entered into a contract of carriage with Peura-Trans. Over the years, the growth of Kuhmo Oy has enabled Peura-Trans to gain organic growth, and at the same time the company has actively sought additional growth by expanding its client base and its market area, a strategy that has involved business acquisitions.
In 2010, Peura-Trans purchased Hexspeed Oy and in 2011, the Central European business operations of the so-called frigo logistics (temperature-controlled distribution) of Aholatransport Oy.. At the moment Peura-Trans operates in domestic and international transport, being one of the largest refrigerated transport operators in the Central European area.
Peura-Trans Oy in figures
- Turnover 2018 - EUR 24,307,000 (in 2017: EUR 22,110,000)
- Fleet in domestic transport - 40 full trailer combination trucks, 8 refrigerated distribution lorries
- Fleet in international transport - 55 frigo trailers
- Staff - 116 (in 2017: 110)
- Terminals - Vantaa, Kajaani, Oulu
- Kilometres per day - 45,000
- Tons per day - 2,800
- Quality and environment - ISO9001/14001
- Regulated agent - FI/RA/00204-01
- Member of IFA
Operating principles of Peura-Trans Oy
- In its transport business and related services Peura-Trans Oy is committed to fulfil the requirements and expectations of the client. Our operations must be economically viable, and environmentally sound, so that we can meet the challenges and demands that our customers and community present us with. Our task is to guarantee jobs for our current staff and strive for further growth in order to create new employment opportunities in the future. Our qualitative goal is to ensure that our clients continue to experience greater satisfaction with our transport service than with that of our competitors. In order to achieve this goal we have to offer transport services that are carried out according to agreements and exceed the expectations of the client. Further, our staff must be skilled and qualified, and in their work with the client demonstrate good communication and a fair and flexible approach.
- The aim of Peura-Trans Oy is to reduce the adverse effects of transport on the environment, as well as to make sure we use fuel and energy economically. Our staff are committed to following environmental requirements and regulations in their work. We support the principles of sustainable development and are constantly improving our environmental management system. Transportation planning is carried out with due regard to safety and security factors. Peura-Trans Oy insists that staff have sufficient knowledge of correct and safe working practices. Peura-Trans Oy cares for the health of its staff through its occupational health care agreement.
- Our goal is to have clients that are satisfied with the quality of all our transport services and are willing to lead an ongoing business relationship with us.
- Real time tracking of locations and temperatures (24/7 monitoring)
- Versatile reporting system
- Versatile and modern, environmentally compatible vehicle fleet
Kainuuntie 126, 88900 KUHMO, FINLAND.
Business ID: FI15112371
- Nordea Oyj, IBAN FI48 2140 1800 0083 56, SWIFT NDEAFIHH
- Kuhmon Osuuspankki, IBAN FI96 5177 0020 0812 42, SWIFT OKOYFIHH